As we approach the Autumn event season, soon-to-be-newlyweds and party throwers of all types have been pouring in with questions regarding these last minute event details:
- Seating Charts
- Place Cards
- Table Numbers or Names
- Welcome Letters
- Party Favor Tags
- Personalized Napkins and Guest Towels
- Thank You Notes
These seemingly small details have a tendency of catching people by surprise, so it is best to start thinking about them as soon as possible. The more time you give yourself, the wider variety of choices will be at your disposable.
TRADITIONS, TRENDS AND TIMELINES
A month before your wedding or party is a great time to order all of these “last minute” details.
3 to 4 Weeks in Advance
Seating Chart: A master diagram of guest’s names and table numbers, displayed at the reception venue entrance.
Formal, rustic, whimsical… your seating chart design is a good opportunity to pull your visual theme through to the reception, is often designed to compliment your invitation, programs and other printed materials for a cohesive look.
Wedding/ Event Programs: often left to the very last second and needs the most attention!
Programs often require large amounts of detailed information, so start gathering the event/ceremony details NOW! Include: music, events, order of the ceremony, bible verses, spelling of the wedding party member’s names, a note from the bride + groom, etc.
2 – 3 Weeks in Advance
Place Cards: Individual three-dimensional cards, used in place of or in addition to a seating chart. Often printed with guest’s name, table number and meal choice.
- Tradition: Choose from our wide selection of colored, textured and metallic cardstocks, email us your guest list and BOOM … your guests will know where to sit to enjoy your special day. We will match your type-styles, thematic graphics, meal choice icons and ink colors to support your wedding vision.
- Trend: An upcoming trend we are seeing is printing the place card information on a hang tag to be attached to a decorative/ themed object (a rock, easel, carabiner, vintage keys, seashells, pine cones, etc.)
Table Numbers or Names: whether it’s a special place, song, quote or number – we can print your table number to coordinate with your table setting.
Welcome Letters: A great addition to a hotel welcome bag or an itinerary for a multi-day event, Welcome letters are often used to inform out-of town (and local) guests about events and attractions near the time and location of your event.
Favor Tags: Names, event dates, photo or thank you message printed on hang tags that are attached to the party favors that your guests will take home at the end of the event.
Personalized Napkins and Guest Towels: Napkins printed or foil stamped with your names, monogram, event date, a favorite quote, graphic or photograph.
- Tradition: Personalized cocktail napkins are a nice personal touch to the Bar and Dessert Table at the reception.
- Trend: Don’t forget the restroom! We are seeing lots of our clients add personalized paper guest towels in the restrooms at the reception venue.
Months Ahead – After Event
Thank You Notes: a folded or flat card, often personalized with the name(s) of the guests of honor, a couple’s married monogram, related graphics, etc.
- Tradition: The most important item on this list. Send your sincerest thanks to your guests by taking the time to hand write a snail mail thank you note.
- Trend: Make your thank you note a keepsake by having us print a picture of you at your event.
Thank you notes can be ordered at the same time as your event invitations (so you have them in time for your showers) or well after your event if you are adding photos or details from the event.
Event details don’t need to be matchy-matchy, but a cohesive vision helps your event make a bigger statement. Need some guidance? Our in house design team is full of experts that would LOVE to help.
Seriously… they love this stuff.
#writeimpressions #weddings #placecards #wedding programs #personalizednapkins #eventdetails #barmitzvah #batmitzvah #party